A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make yesterday such a great event … all the bunting knitters, the stall helpers and of course all of our wonderfully generous members who donated little toys for our hook a bag or sweets for our prizes.
The smiles on the faces of the children as they hooked a bag of goodies were worth all our efforts!
See you Tuesday!
As requested here is a pattern for knitting bunting.
For the carnival we are looking for red bunting. If you are able to make some please deliver to Kit at 1 Gresham Road, Hampton. Pop through the letter box of leave in the black box outside the garage door.
How to Knit Bunting
Using 4 mm needles cast on 30 sts.
- Row 1 (WS): Knit.
- Row 2 (RS): (K2tog, yo) rep to last 2 sts, k2tog.
- Row 3 Knit.
- Row 4 K1, ssk, K to last 3 sts, k2tog, K1.
- Row 5 Knit.
- Row 6 Knit.
- Rep rows 3-6 until there are 5 sts left.
- Next row (WS) Knit.
- Next row K1, sl2tog, K1, psso, K1.
- Next row Knit.
- Next row Sl2tog, K1, psso.